Divorce in Heanor & Derby
At Broadbents Solicitors we appreciate that when a relationship breaks down, stress levels are naturally high, which is why our knowledgeable team of family lawyers are experienced in all aspects of divorce law to ensure you receive support, honest advice and guidance.
We believe that expert advice should be available to everyone who needs it, and at a reasonable rate. With this in mind, we offer fixed fees for an initial advisory meeting or for acting in divorce law proceedings in Derby, whether as a petitioner or a respondent. For a one-off meeting to discuss your personal position and to assess the various options open to you, we charge a fixed fee of £150 plus VAT and we will provide written confirmation of the advice suggested.
To enable us to offer this divorce service the fee needs to be paid in advance or at the meeting.
Our Divorce Services & Rates
Our fixed fee for acting for a petitioner in divorce is £500 plus VAT and court fees (total of £1150)
- Attending & Advising You
- Preparation & Filing of Petition
- All Necessary Steps to Progress a Non-Contested Divorce to Decree Absolute
If you are a respondent our fixed fee is £250 plus vat.
Our fixed fees do not include:
· Any negotiations in relation to the grounds for the divorce
· Any attendance at court (not normally required in the event of an agreed divorce)
· Any advice and assistance relating to other aspects of the separation, including children and financial matters
· If a petitioner obtaining a copy of the marriage certificate (the original certificate or a certified copy is required to be filed with the court on commencement of the proceedings)
· If a petitioner, any action required to progress the divorce in the event of it becoming defended, or the respondent failing to sign and return an acknowledgement of service form
· If a petitioner, any assistance in relation to pursuing a claim for the costs against the respondent
· If a respondent, any work necessary to obtain a decree absolute on your behalf in the event of the petitioner failing to apply for it
Any work additional to that included in our fixed fee can either be done for an agreed amount or on the basis of agreed hourly rates.