At Broadbents Solicitors we are extremely proud of our long and established history which dates as far back as 1794, when Broadbents were previously known as Wilson & Son. To give you an insight into our history, we need to go back as far as the 1950’s when Mortimer Wilson passed away.
Following this, the practice was purchased by Blakesley & Rooth of Chesterfield who installed Geoffrey Broadbent to run the office in Alfreton.
In the 1960’s, Geoffrey split away from Blakesley & Rooth and in turn changed the firm’s name to Broadbent & Co. The new firm continued to practice from 5 King Street, and went onto to expand by opening a second office at 16 King Street, Alfreton in 1976 and then on January 1st 1986 the firm expanded again by opening a branch office at 14 High Street, Heanor. Over the course of the past twenty years the firm has gone on to grow and expand with offices opening in Sutton-in-Ashfield (1995), and Derby (2001).